Thursday, August 25, 2011

MK9 Concepts & MK Redesigns


It's been a long time since I posted and the MK fans out there have been asking to see some of the concept art that I did for MK9.
I was only asked to do a few and with some very specific direction, but I also took the liberty of presenting a few concepts more to suit my own taste, hoping they would want to take the game in that direction. My redesigns.
The first three concepts I did (Reptile, Johnny Cage and Cryax), I had no interaction with the team and are the ones in which I branched out on my own.
I had just rolled off of another project and moved right to MK9 and these were the first pieces I showed to the guys. The first version of Cryax had a face that Ed Boon pointed out to look like Howard the Duck (he was right it did have the shape of Howard the Duck) so I changed that, but that was all I changed.



The next three I did (Milena, Sub Zero & Nightwolf) were directed by the team to look like what they did in MK2. I think they all turned out pretty good, but I was a little disappointed with what I did with Sub-Zero, he was always my fav of the MK characters and I think I could have iterated on him a few more times.
These were the last images I did for Midway Games before I left. I do have a bunch of earlier concepts from different MK pitches that have never seen the light of day. I will post them when the time is right I suppose...







check out my pages to see additional work:

18 comments:

Won-Qi-Won said...

You are a great artist!
Thanks for share this!
Regards!

Jessica B Johnson said...

Great work and great worriers you have designed, i like animated action and animated fighters, you design good and dangerous characters.

custom logo design

when i was teenager i play action games and always like fighter characters.

tim said...

Thanks, that looks great! =)
Vince, say, may I ask you something by PM?

tim said...

Thanks, that looks great! =)
Vince, say, may I ask you something by PM?

Dr Jhonson said...

nice to share my love is wonderful to tell you that a healthy green gives you the best Organic vitamins, herbal remedies and organic supplements.
They use all natural ingredients to create organic products.

asiah said...

Thank you have great post Pulauweb Web Hosting Murah Indonesia

MtG Girl said...

Are you selling any prints of your Tree of Redemption from MtG? You can contact me at ghostworld2001@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

acyclovir cream: cool images

contentwebseo said...

hello!

I will add you in my facebook friend list.

Regards,
seo training in mumbai

Generic Dropshipper said...

This images are fab. keep posting such cool images.

Thanks,
dropshipper

Anonymous said...

I have a good read, thanks for the information and insights you have so provided here. I will certainly bookmark your blog for future reads. Thanks!
Kamagra

Anonymous said...

you are a nice artist.... but I watch oggy and the cockroaches on Nick


Thanks

Generic Clarinex

DR Jam said...

Reptile is my favorite concept.
Cyrax needs just one bit of human flesh.

And honestly, Johnny Cage just looks awful. From the hair to the toes, again his hair is bad, m'k?! Oh, and the finger tattoos... heck no!

You got skills though.

Unknown said...

You gottad be kidding me..!
Replica corum watch
Good luck..Have a good time.I think you might like it, because we have the same preferences.

Unknown said...

You gottad be kidding me..!

Rolex replica

Omega replica watches

Unknown said...

non-mainstream represents the younger generation thoughts, Panerai replica After the research-oriented learning makes me feel by a group to complete a belong to our own courseware, should not be abandoned. TAG Heuer replica This activity can exercise our diy ability activities should look to attend.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sell My Rolex said...

I like animated action and animated fighters, you design good and dangerous characters.
Sell Rolex watch